Friday, January 06, 2006
Finally Home!
I can't believe that we were in the hospital for seven days. I am so tired and so glad to be back home with Justin and Alex. I look forward to a shower and sleeping in my own bed. Kate is doing so much better. She went off the oxygen at 5:00 this morning and has done well awake, eating and sleeping all day. We are confident that we can take care of her on our own now and know what to look for in case she gets worse. The chances of her getting worse are slim at this point as she is through most of the sickness and is just healing now. We go back to see the pediatrician for a check up this week and hopefully she will not get any other colds in the meantime. I am so glad that she is doing better. It is so much more fun to hold her when she is not hooked up to an IV, oxygen and two moitors. I always seemed to set something off when I would pick her up and burp her. We are all thankful that she handled the RSV well. We found out that there were four babies in ICU on respirators and we are glad that Kate did not get that bad. Hopefully the rest of the winter will be a healthy one. She smiled today and twice yesterday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment