Saturday, January 21, 2006

Big Boy Bed


Today we went to IKEA and bought Alex a big boy bed. We decided that when we move he will have no more high chair and crib. We will wait a few weeks before giving the crib to Kate and the high chair will be packed away for a couple months. He is almost too big for it anyway at this point. Kate is doing well in the bassinet for now and she should be fine in that for another month or two. It is amazing to think that Alex will be in his own twin bed soon. He seems ready and not ready at the same time. Our little boy is growing up!

Kate started cooing a bit today. She is making some cute baby sounds. She is also watching everything with much more interest, especially her big brother. I think he makes her a bit nervous sometimes with all of his snuggles. She is very interested in anything he is doing. She also enjoyed her swing today for the first time. The last time I tried it she just cried, so I was glad this time that she liked it. She loves the papasan bouncer. I also wear her in the baby bjorn quite often and that is great for her. Having time for two can be quite the balancing act sometimes. So far it seems to be going okay. Alex is very loving and does not mind bringing books to read when I am feeding Kate. Thank goodness for that!

No comments: