Monday, September 05, 2005

Lego stacking

Alex finally learned how to build with legos tonight. He was also stacking his blocks too. Ususally he just concentrates on knocking stuff down. So this new building phase is exciting. We went to visit with Tanya and Ted tonight. Alex started crying as soon as we entered thier house. I think he is going through some separation anxiety so we are expecting a hard week. He did not sleep well last night, but we do not see any teeth right now. All the signs are pointing to teething though. He and Stella played together very well. It was cute to see them pass each other toys. He took some more steps tonight and even made a turn. It was the most coordinated that he has been so perhaps his walking technique is improving. He thinks that he is ready to try walking down the stairs though, which is not a good thing. We have to watch him like a hawk because he is learning some new moves and they are quite daring! He is not afraid to fall which is good and bad. He is currently bruise-free, but that will probably not last for long with his zest for climbing anything in his path.

I went to the club today for the third time so far this month. If I go eight times, my insurance will pay my dues for the month. I am taking it slow and just walking for 30 minutes. I am just doing a little over a mile, but it is nice to get some exercise and have some quiet time. Alex did not do well in the childcare center today and he has done well the past two times. Hopefully that will improve.

No comments: