Sunday, September 04, 2005

Finally some clapping

Alex finally learned to clap his hands today. I caught it on videotape too! Justin and I were so excited to see that he can clap now. He still is having trouble walking, but does not seem afraid to fall. Hopefully his coordination will improve. I think it would be much easier if he did not point his chin toward the ceiling, arch his back and put his hands in the air. We had our worst family outing with him last night. I think that he has had a hard week getting used to going back to daycare. So pehaps he thought that we were going to leave him at a new place. We went to Justin's cousin's house and there were around 20 people there. Alex was quite overwhelmed and would go to no one expect Justin or I. In fact when we were feeding him dinner we had to be on either side of him or he would cry. It was crazy, definately a new experience for us. He is ususally so happy to see people and very friendly. He did perk up after about two hours of misery, but had to keep us in his sights at all times. Today he had a quiet day at home and hopefully that will help him be more settled before we go back to our weekly routine on Tuesday. His latest thing is closing doors. Every room he goes in, he has to close the door. He gets mad if you are standing in the way too. He is also climbing on everything and getting in to lots of trouble. He has begun noticing plants around the house that he has not seen before. That is unfortunate and many are not surviving the new exploration. I think that I will have to go through a minimal plant time in my life.

No comments: