Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Irrational Fears


Last night and tonight, Alex started showing some crazy fears. He is definately expressing himself and will let you know the he "don't like it". Last night about midnight, he got scared form the lightning. It took us a half hour to get him back to sleep he was so worked up that we thought he was going to wake up Kate. He has never shown fear of lightning before. Then tonight, he decided that he was afraid of the vacuum. We had Kate pretend push the vacuum around and then he decided that he was no longer afraid and proceeded to vacuum much of her room. He was actually hiding in the corner and would not come out and kep saying "don't like it" over and over. Being almost two is bringing new experiences.

I just LOVE this picture that I took of Kate. She is so innocent and serious looking. It is just a perfect picture. It is funny that when I look back at Alex most all of his pictures are smiling and I used to not like the photos of his not smiling. With Kate, I love the serious pictures of her and the smiling pics do not seem as cute. Each child has a different personality and it is fun to capture them on film just showing off who they are. Kate is getting much more clingy to me. She cries at daycare when I am out of sight. If I reach down to grab the diaper bad and she can not see me, she cries. She did that tonight when I had to go upstairs for a stamping event. She definately misses her mama and I miss her too!

No comments: